The New York Law Journal and its parent company, ALM, is hiring a photographer. Anyone interested should send a resume, salary requirements and a portfolio to Kerry Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE TEAM: The photojournalist/editor is a key player for the editorial group at ALM, working closely with top editors, journalists and art directors to create visual content for our award-winning publications and websites.
– Conceive and create quality visual stories across multiple platforms, using photography (environmental portraits to reportage), videography and text that accurately informs and engages our audience
– Produce end-to-end videos on your own
– Source images for daily online stories in a timely, efficient manner
– Produce and maintain content such as photo galleries, databases and other multimedia and interactive packages.
– Communicate effectively with reporters and editors to determine optimal photo elements for stories
– Manage photography for digital products and print publication
– Photo manipulation and enhancement
– Maintain DAM best practices
– Create, review, and maintain essential metadata entries for accurate image tracking
– Bachelor’s degree in photography, visual journalism or digital media
– At least 3-5 years of experience in the field
– Expertise with lighting, audio, image capture (both stills and video) and post-processing
– Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms
– Experience managing several projects at once and handle quick-turnaround deadlines
– A firm grasp of photography research and photography sources
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and within budget
– Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment
– Impeccable attention to detail
– Media or publishing experience
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Lightroom, Camera Raw and Bridge.
– Knowledge of Indesign, InCopy, and experience with a Digital Asset Management (DAM)